When you think of cotton candy, what’s the first that comes to mind? Melt in your mouth goodness, white fluffy clouds, and summer nights at the fair are usual images I conjure up when someone says cotton candy.
What probably doesn’t come to mind is chocolate. Well, get excited because we’ve found a recipe that combines two of the greatest sweet treats — cotton candy fudge.
This recipe courtesy of top blogger Smart School House, will bring a touch of happiness and summer to your kitchen. Not only does this cotton candy fudge look colorful and delicious, it tastes even better!
This swirly-twirly treat combines everything you love about cotton candy and fudge in one delicious package.
This recipe makes an entire 13 x 9 inch pan, so there will be plenty to go around!
The ingredients you’ll need are:
2 cups of sugar
3/4 cups of butter
12 ounces of white chocolate or vanilla chips
A 7 ounce jar of marshmallow creme
3/4 cup of heavy whipping cream
A packet of Duncan Hines Cotton Candy Frosting Creations
Pink food coloring of your choice
1. Line a 13 x 9 inch pan with foil and then spray it with a nonstick spray
2. In a sauce pan combine sugar, butter, heavy cream and butter stirring over low heat until the sugar has dissolved.
3. After the sugar has dissolved, bring the contents of the sauce pan to a boil and stir for about four minutes. Then, remove from the heat and stir in the marshmallow creme and vanilla chips. Keep stirring until all the chips have melted.
4. Pour 3/4 of the mixture into the lined pan.
5. Add the cotton candy flavor mix to the remaining batter in the sauce pan and stir until well mixed.
6. Drizzle spoonfuls of this cotton candy mixture over the batter in the pan. Add 2-3 drops of pink food coloring in various places to the fudge in the pan. Then, to make the swirls, cut through the fudge with a butter knife.
7. Cover and allow it to completely cool in the refrigerator. Then, cut it into squares and enjoy!
What did you think of this deliciously sweet recipe?
SHARE the love and pass it on!