Summer time means endless outside barbecues, bonfires and family get togethers. If you’re anything like me, you’re the one that’s always in charge of bringing the dessert.
If you feel like you’re constantly bringing the same dish to every get together, then this recipe from Love Bakes Good Cakes has the answer to your potluck woes.
If you’re looking for the perfect summer treat that’ll give that ‘wow’ factor to any outside barbecue, then you’ll definitely want to learn how to make these homemade choco tacos!
A Choco Taco (which was originally invented by Klondike) combines everything we love in life — ice cream, chocolate and Mexican food.
Looks absolutely amazing, right? If the idea of having a dessert taco piqued your interest, then get excited because these suckers are as delicious as they look. Oh, and they’re actually quite easy to make too!
To make the chocolate tacos you’re going to need:
– 1 ounce of dark chocolate, cut into small pieces
– 2 tablespoons of butter
– 2 eggs
– 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
– 1/4 teaspoon of salt
– 1/2 cup of sugar
– 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
– 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
For the taco filling you’ll need:
– 6 cups of vanilla ice cream, whichever brand you prefer
– 10 ounces of chocolate candy melts. Melted.
Instructions (as seen on Love Bakes Good Cakes site)
1. Preheat a sugar cone waffle maker iron to medium setting. If you don’t have a waffle maker you can cook the waffles on a griddle or skillet like you would pancakes. You’ll just need to flip them after about 30-45 seconds and let them cook for an additional 30-45 seconds on the other side.
2. While the waffle iron is heating up (if you have one) it’s time to make the chocolate sauce. Melt your butter over medium heat in a small saucepan or skillet. Add the dark chocolate (which has already been chopped) and stir until the mixture is smooth and the chocolate has melted.
3. Then, in a medium bowl whisk the eggs, vanilla and salt. Add the melted chocolate and butter mixture, whisk until smooth, and set aside.
4. In another medium bowl, combine the sugar, flour and cocoa powder. Fold this flour mixture into the egg mixture. But fold it in just until it’s blended — do not over mix it.
5. Then, spoon 2 tablespoons of this batter onto the preheated waffle iron, or your skillet. Cook based off whichever apparatus you’re using.
6. Remove the waffle and drape it over a taco mold. If you don’t have a taco mold you can stack two books together and use that to mold the waffle into the shape of a taco.
7. Repeat that same process with the remaining batter.
8. Once your dessert tacos have cooled, fill them with ice cream and place them in the freezer to firm up.
9. Dip tacos in your melted candy melts or drizzle it on top.
10. Top with sprinkles, nuts, both, or any topping of your choice!
11. Place in freezer to set the chocolate. Once the chocolate has cooled into place enjoy!
How awesome do these look?!
These are the perfect treat to make for a family get together or just because! They’re not only delicious, but you and the little ones can have a blast making them together!
Try out this recipe and SHARE the love and pass it on to your friends!