Funfetti, cake batter, cookie dough, and brownies. Those are four of the best treats ever…and they just got better. How, you ask? Because someone combined them all into one monstrously amazing dessert. Yes, your life is about to change for the better.
Thanks to Lindsay over at the baking blog, Life, Love, and Sugar, we now have a recipe for what might be the greatest dessert of all time. Yes, that’s a big claim to make. And, yes, we stand by it.
Though the recipe might seem a little daunting when you first look at it, we promise that it’s not as complicated as it looks. Though it’s a lot of steps, none of the steps are difficult. In fact, the dessert actually pretty easy to assemble!
Be sure to eat something light for dinner before making this, because you’re going to want to devour it all in sitting. Serve with an ice cold glass of milk and enjoy!
1 1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 cups sugar
3 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup flour
1 cup cocoa (I use Hershey’s Special Dark)
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
two 15.25 oz boxes funfetti dry cake mix
1 1/3 cups flour
3-4 tbsp milk
4-5 tsp sprinkles
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
3/4 cup chocolate chips
12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
1 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup shortening
2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
1 tbsp water or milk
sprinkles, for topping, if desired
Learn Basic Food Safety Tips
- Line the bottoms of three 8 inch cake pans with parchment paper and grease the sides. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the oil, sugar and vanilla extract.
- Add eggs and mix until well combined.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to the egg mixture until well combined.
- Pour the batter evenly into the three pans and spread evenly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with a few crumbs.
- Remove brownies from oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes in the pan, then remove to cool on wire rack.
- While brownies cool, make cookie dough.
To make the cookie dough:
- Cream butter and sugars together until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes.
- Mix in vanilla extract.
- With the mixer on low speed, add one entire box of dry cake mix, plus 1 1/2 cups from a second box of cake mix and mix until combined.
- Add 1 cup flour and mix until combined.
- Add milk and up to an additional 1/3 cup of flour to preferred thickness.
- Stir in sprinkles and chocolate chips. Dough will be thick. Set aside.
To assemble cake:
Once the brownies are cool, it’s time to put the layers together. You can pile the cookie dough onto the brownies, stack the layers and leave messy layers, or use the method I used for having clean edges/sides of the cake.
- Place half of chocolate chips in a metal bowl.
- Microwave half of the heavy cream until it starts to boil. Remove from microwave and pour over chocolate chips.
- Cover bowl with saran wrap for 5-7 minutes.
- Whisk chocolate and cream until smooth.
- Using one of the same 8 inch cake pans that you baked the brownies in, put parchment paper or saran wrap in the bottom and up the sides of the pan. You will use it to lift the layers out of the pan.
- Place the first brownie into the bottom of the pan.
- Add about 3 tbsp of chocolate ganache on top of the brownie and spread into a thin layer. This will help the cookie dough stick to the brownie.
SHARE the love and pass it on!