Looking for the PERFECT dessert to make for Easter dinner? Look no further!
This Easter bunny cake is so simple, easy-to-make, and sooo delicious that everyone from the pickiest of kids to grumpy old grandpa is guaranteed to LOVE it!
The original recipe provides ingredients to make homemade cake batter and cream cheese icing, but I decided to go the easier route and just stock up on the boxed stuff!
However, whichever you prefer will work just fine!
All you need to do is follow the instructions below and you’ve got yourself one ADORABLE Easter bunny cake!
1. Bake a round cake.
2. Slice your cake in half.
3. Line a piece of cardboard with parchment paper. (You’ll see why in a minute)
4. Frost one half of the cake and place the second half on top. Spread some of that frosting on the piece of cardboard too.
5. Stand the cake up on it’s cut side. The frosting on the parchment paper should help it stay in place!
6. Cut a notch out of the top of the cake to form the head. Use that little extra piece to create a tail.
7. Frost your little heart out. And then some!
8. Cover the frosting with coconut flakes. (And add some Spanish moss if you’re feeling super creative!)
9. Cut out some ears and a nose using card stock, construction paper, or whatever else you can think of!
10. Then add any festive flair you’d like. I think some assorted eggs are the perfect touch!
And there you have it – I told you it was easy!
I’m not sure if an Easter dessert can get any cuter! So give it a go and let us know how yours turned out!
As always, don’t forget to SHARE!