Are you wanting a snack that doesn’t leave you feeling super guilty afterwards? Are you desperate to try something new in the snack-world that tastes delicious and is actually good for you?
Then these Parmesan-Cheddar Zucchini Crisps are for you!
Zucchini is such an abundantly healthy—and often overlooked—squash. The health benefits of zucchini are amazing! They are very low in calories and contain zero saturated fats or cholesterol. This hearty vegetable is a great source of manganese and Vitamin C, not to mention the fact that it meets a good portion of your daily fiber needs.
To take something so good for you and make it taste like an ultimate, crave-able snack food is the best of both worlds! Sounds amazing, right? If you are ready to get your snack on, follow the directions below, and prepare for your mouth to meet a great, new snack food!
To make these Parmesan-Cheddar Zucchini Crisps, recipe courtesy of 12 Tomatoes, you’ll need:
– 3 zucchinis, sliced thinly into circles
– 3/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
– 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated (I recommend fresh!)
– 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated (I recommend fresh!)
– 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
– 2 large eggs, beaten
– Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
– Vegetable oil
1) Preheat oven broiler.
2) Heat ½ inch vegetable oil in a large skillet, over medium heat, until thermometer shows 350 degrees F.
3) Place your flour/salt/pepper in one bowl, eggs in a bowl, and your Panko breadcrumbs/Parmesan in yet another bowl.
4) Begin by completely coating your zucchini disks into the flour, shaking off any excess.
5) Submerge the zucchini into the egg wash, letting the excess fall, before covering them in the Parmesan/breadcrumb mixture. Be sure to use your hands and press firmly enough that the breadcrumbs stick.
6) Working in small batches, place the zucchini into the skillet. Let it fry until golden brown, flipping once. Total cook time will be 1-2 minutes per side.
7) Remove the zucchini and transfer to a plate lined with paper towels, for the excess oil to drain. *Note: It is best to use a slotted spoon when removing the zucchini from the oil.
8) When frying is complete, place zucchini on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese, and broil for 2-3 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
Don’t be stingy, SHARE this recipe and pass it on!